The Robbins House
The house, located at 114 South River Road (originally Main Street), was built in 1838 on lot 38 by David Robbins, constable and farmer. Lot 38 was one of the original 50 lots laid out by John Pray in 1831. In 1826 he married Phebe Gunn, who died at age 30 after bearing six children. An 1850 census lists David, age 47, born in Canada, with children: Lucy 18, Elizabeth 16, Wellington 14, and Mary Ette 12. Another daughter, Susan, had married Reuben Hall in 1846, and a son, Rinaldo (1831-1894) was a local merchant. The home now represents a typical pre-Civil War home by its decor, furniture, utensils, etc. Many artifacts have been donated by Society members and friends.
Views of the 2019 Displays
The D-Day display at the Wakeman Hall will have the front page of the Blade for June 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th of 1944. There are also WWII Army and Navy uniforms. The Robbins House is Businesses of Waterville with a baseball uniform, Koral t-shirt, pictures and artifacts of the businesses here. There are also binders with pictures and ads from the last hundred years.