The Cobbler Shop
This building was moved to WHS museum grounds in 1983. It stood for many years on the northeast corner of Farnsworth Road and the Second Street alley. George Hazewell "Haze" Haley (1873-1958) was the well-known village shoemaker.
This 10' by 15' wooden building is packed with a variety of antique tools relating to early agriculture or "frontier" life, as well as a collection of cobbler tools, most of them with identification labels. There are also photographs of George Haley and of Frank Oede (1823-1895), the first owner of the shop who brought his shoemaker tools with him to America from Germany. The building is temporarily closed for renovation.
Take a look of some the items in the gallery below.